Friday, September 5, 2008

"Mind Your Head!"

Mind Your Head!
When I was in Fiji I saw many signs that said “Mind Your Head.” In the USA we use a warning sign “Watch Your Head” to alert people to situations where they will knock their head on something and possible injure it. Tonight I want to talk about minding our head in the sense they we are admonished in the Scriptures to take care of our minds because it is the control center of the decisions we make and the actions we take.
The other day I was driving through Ciudad Vieja and had to stop because of traffic. I did not understand why everyone was stopping until I saw 3 men carrying another man who was so drunk that he could not walk. His body was completely limp almost as though he was dead. It was a pitiful sight and I felt badly for this man who for whatever reason decided to fill himself with alcohol until his mind was totally under the control of the alcohol and he passed out. The men loaded him into a bus and drove off. I don’t know where they were going but hopefully they were going to find help for this man or keep him in a safe place until he regained consciousness and became sober.
As I reflect on this situation I think about how easy it is to allow things to progressively take control of our minds until we find ourselves addicted and powerless over them. In the news now there is an actor who has admitted himself to a program for sexual addiction. He was spending a lot of time in chat rooms on the internet that were feeding his addiction. His mind became addicted to sex and he was no longer in control. He realized he needed help and is pursuing it.
The scriptures admonish us to be sober minded and alert to the ways of the enemy. Our enemy is very subtle and he lures us into things that he knows have the potential to completely destroy our lives. He is working diligently in this hour to change people’s mindset on morals that will make what was once known as sin to be accepted as normal. The moral compass that we once had is not pointing in the right direction and people are being confused.
Being sober, attentive and alert were character traits noted in the watchman in the Old Testament times.
Watchman. One who guarded or watched over a city or harvest field. Because of the danger of being raided, every Palestinian city or village had a watchman, especially at night. These watchmen were stationed on the city walls (2 Sam. 18:24), a watchtower (2 Kin. 9:17), or a hilltop (Jer. 31:6). Watchmen were responsible for reporting any hostile action or approaching suspicious person. These watchmen sometimes patrolled the city, called out the hours of the night, and especially looked forward to dawn (Is. 21:11–12).
At harvest times watchmen guarded the crops at night. Israel’s prophets were responsible for watching for impending divine judgment or blessing (Is. 21:6; 52:8; Jer. 6:17) and bringing the news to the people. Watchmen are sometimes referred to as sentries and lookouts.[1]
Their job was to be constantly viewing what was happening in front of them so they could quickly identify when an enemy force was coming to attack. Once they identified them they sounded the trumpet to warn the people and activate the military to prepare for battle. The watchman had a critical job. If he fell asleep or was not observant death and destruction could come upon the whole city. I remember when I was in the Army one of my fellow soldiers told me of a time when he found another soldier who was on guard duty asleep. He took the opportunity to steal an M16 rifle and a field radio the soldier had taken off and set beside him. He hid the items and later got them. The day after the theft there was a massive search at the base to locate the stolen rifle. It was not found and the soldier who was responsible for guarding it got in serious trouble. Proverbs contrasts the ant and the sluggard.
6 Go to the ant, you sluggard!
Consider her ways and be wise,
7 Which, having no captain,
Overseer or ruler,
8 Provides her supplies in the summer,
And gathers her food in the harvest.
9 How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep?
10 A little sleep, a little slumber,
A little folding of the hands to sleep—
11 So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler,
And your need like an armed man.[2]
We have to always be alert and watching for the enemy who looks for the right moment to attack.
We can keep ourselves alert by disciplining our minds. An undisciplined mind is easily influenced by wrong thoughts. Our minds are a gift from God and they have tremendous potential for good or evil. We have to discipline our thought life to line up with the reality of God’s world. I taught in a Christian school where the students all used a self paced curriculum. They had 5 subjects to study and each course had 10 booklets to complete. It required a lot of reading on the part of the student and it required discipline to be able to accomplish the goals they were to set. I had several students who excelled in this environment and several who did not have the discipline to be able to do the work and do it well. One of the students was very intelligent but he was always daydreaming and carrying on conversations with his imaginary friends. He was an only child living with only his mom. I don’t think he had many friends and I am sure he spent a lot of time alone when he was home. He created an imaginary world that he could move into at a moment’s notice. It seemed that I had to daily bring him back to reality so he could concentrate on his work. The scriptures tell us that we have to take every thought captive to obedience to Christ.
2 Cor. 10:5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ
We have the ability to bring our thoughts into captivity, we do not have to allow them to run wild and take control of us. When we find our minds going off in the wrong direction we need to take our thoughts captive, bring them under control and focus on what is before us. I know there have been times when my thoughts drifted off into areas that were not germane to what I was doing. I find that I have to simply stop thinking those thoughts and redirect my thinking toward what I need to do. I have to consciously make a decision to not go that direction. I find this happens most often when I am upset with a situation or a person and I begin to think about all the things that could happen or will happen. What starts out as a small cut ends up being a life threatening disease and I better start planning my funeral! Our perception of reality can be distorted majorly. We have to see things as God sees them so we can be prepared to respond as God wants us to respond. We perceive things based on our knowledge and previous experience dealing with similar situations. If our minds are filled with wrong information then our perception of reality will be skewed. That is why it is so important to be filled with the Word of God. If we have the Word of God as our basis of knowledge then we can use it to compare and judge what we are thinking and respond correctly. If we are ignorant of God’s word then we are not able to see the world as God sees it and our perception and interpretation of events will not reflect true reality. This is very evident when missionaries enter people groups who do not have the Word of God to judge reality. Their lives are filled with superstitious beliefs that hold them in bondage and fear. Offering sacrifices of animals or plants to appease a god is common and the great fear is that they will not be successful if they do not do the things that their god requires. Offering prayers for the dead is another common practice which has no basis in the Word of God yet people do it because they are afraid if they don’t the dead will never make it to heaven. The Word of God is truth or reality of what is real. We have to know what it says and means to be able to accurately judge thoughts, either our own or those of others. Thoughts have consequences and we must acknowledge the power that lies within thoughts that are true and those that are false. Having a sober mind means we have a mind that constantly brings thoughts into the truth and reality of God’s Word. We constantly are comparing and judging our thoughts by the Word of God to make sure we are thinking God’s thoughts.
We are living in a day when the Word of God is constantly being challenged by secularism and false religions. The enemy is doing everything he can to stop Christians from spreading the truth of God’s Word. Satan knows the truth and truth is his greatest threat because truth sets people free from false beliefs. I was watching CBN World News and they had a report about the problems that are happening in the state of Orissa in India. The Hindus are destroying churches and beating the believers. They do not want people to convert to Christianity and they have used violence and are threatening more violence if the Christians do not stop proselytizing immediately.
When we are sober minded we are aware of the way the enemy attacks us. Paul said he was not ignorant of the devices of the enemy (2 Cor. 2:11). The enemy knows when we are weak, lonely, needy, discouraged, tired and are not paying attention to what is happening around us. Usually we are very vulnerable at these times and unless someone else is covering us we can become prey for the enemy. When we are at weak points in our walk with God we need the help of others. It is said of elephants that when one of their young ones is under attack they form a circle around the young and protect it from the attacker. We need to do the same for each other when we are under attack. We need to surround the one in need with our prayers and our physical presence to be able to help them in their time of need. We all need someone we can call on during our weak moments when we are tempted to do something that will bring destruction and disgrace. I read of a man who was struggling to overcome drug addiction. One of his friends told him that whenever he felt tempted and wanted to give in to call him. It did not matter what time it was, he would take his call. The person overcoming the addiction took advantage of this offer several times and credits his friend’s availability and concern as being major factors in his ability to overcome his problem. We have to let others know we care and make ourselves available to them when they need our help. We as a body of believers have to cover each other and be sensitive to the needs of each other. Our pride will sometimes keep us from asking for help because we think we can overcome the situation on our own. We don’t like to admit a weakness or be dependent on someone else. Our independent nature works against us and until we are willing to admit this we will never seek the help we truly need or take advantage of the powerful resource God has made available to us. We wrongly think that others will reject us if they really knew what we were thinking or what we have done. But the reality in most situations is your confession and admission of weakness will draw you closer to the people who truly care for you. They can relate to what you are experiencing and it can serve to bond you with them. Humility is seeing yourself as you really are. When we can come to that point in our lives we will not have a problem admitting our weaknesses and seeking the help of others.
The Bible states we are to “gird up the loins of our mind.” (1 Peter 1:13) First, Peter urges the saints to have a “girded” mind. The girding up of the mind is an interesting figure of speech. In eastern lands, people wore long, flowing robes. When they wanted to walk fast or with a minimum of hindrance, they would tie the robe up around their waist with a belt (see Ex. 12:11). In this way they girded up their loins. But what does Peter mean by gird up the loins of your mind? As they went out into a hostile world, believers were to avoid panic and distraction. In times of persecution, there is always the tendency to become rattled and confused. A girded mind is one that is strong, composed, cool, and ready for action. It is unimpeded by the distraction of human fear or persecution.
This state of mental solidarity is further encouraged by the words be sober. This means self-control in contrast to hysteria. The sober spirit is poised and stable[3]
This means that we need to be prepared to take action. If we are unprepared or unwilling to respond, it is easy for us to be passive and just let things go. We see something or think of something that needs attention but we allow it to pass and take no action. We are not prepared to take action possibly because we lack training, or we just don’t care or we are preoccupied with something else or we think it is someone else’s job. In the medical field people are trained to be “First Responders.” These are the people who are usually the first on the scene of an accident or incident and they are trained to do specific things to aid a victim. They are in a state of preparedness all the time and when a situation arises they respond according to the training they have received. They do not wait for someone else to do something; they jump in immediately because they know how critical time is when it comes to saving a life.
In our spiritual lives we have to be prepared and trained in spiritual warfare. We have to know the weapons that are available to us and be ready to use them all the time. When we see the enemy attacking we must take immediate action. We can’t wait for someone else to do it when God has placed us in the situation. We must be sober, alert, ready for action, and prepared to respond immediately to stop the enemy from gaining ground. When we see or hear of a brother or sister who is under attack we must be prepared to respond and take action. How often we have heard someone express their struggles either directly or indirectly and we do nothing to help them. We allow them to go on their way and hope things work out for them when we should be doing something to help them. As a minimum we need to pray and intercede for them and if we are able respond to the need that they have. The Good Samaritan was prepared to respond. His mind was set ahead of time on being ready to help someone in need. He took action, gave of himself and made sure the needs of the injured man were met. Our mindset must be that I am ready, willing and able to help in every situation that God places before me. I will not let my own agenda take control of my life and cause me to pass up opportunities God gives me to render assistance spiritually, emotionally, physically or mentally. James admonished the early church to not overlook the needs of the poor or anyone in need. (James 2:15)
15If you have a friend who is in need of food and clothing, 16and you say to him, “Well, good-bye and God bless you; stay warm and eat hearty,” and then don’t give him clothes or food, what good does that do?[4]
We need to be mentally prepared to take action when we are able to do something to aid a brother or sister in Christ. At times we may feel the tug of the Holy Spirit to give assistance and we need to immediately respond. Beth Moore tells of an incident when she was waiting for her flight in the Knoxville airport.
HAIRBRUSH EXPERIENCE OF BETH MOORE AT THE AIRPORT
For those of you who do not know Beth Moore, she is an outstanding speaker and Bible teacher, and the author of several excellent Bible studies. She and her husband of a number of years live in Texas and have two grown daughters. This is one of her experiences:
April 20, 2005, at the Airport in Knoxville, waiting to board the plane, I had the Bible on my lap and was very intent upon what I was doing. I'd had a marvelous morning with the Lord. I say this because I want to tell you it is a scary thing to have the Spirit of God really working in you. You could end up doing some things you never would have done otherwise. Life in the Spirit can be dangerous for a thousand reasons not the least of which is your ego.
I tried to keep from staring, but he was such a strange sight. Humped over in a wheelchair, he was skin and bones, dressed in clothes that obviously fit when he was at least twenty pounds heavier. His knees protruded from his trousers, and his shoulders looked like the coat hanger was still in his shirt. His hands looked like tangled masses of veins and bones.
The strangest part of him was his hair and nails. Stringy, gray hair hung well over his shoulders and down part of his back. His fingernails were long, clean but strangely out of place on an old man.
I looked down at my Bible as fast as I could, discomfort burning my face. As I tried to imagine what his story might have been, I found myself wondering if I'd just had a Howard Hughes sighting. Then, I remembered that he was dead. So this man in the airport....an impersonator maybe? Was a camera on us somewhere?
There I sat; trying to concentrate on the Word to keep from being concerned about a thin slice of humanity served on a wheelchair only a few seats from me. All the while, my heart was growing more and more overwhelmed with a feeling for him. Let's admit it. Curiosity is a heap more comfortable than true concern, and suddenly I was awash with aching emotion for this bizarre-looking old man.
I had walked with God long enough to see the handwriting on the wall. I've learned that when I begin to feel what God feels, something so contrary to my natural feelings, something dramatic is bound to happen. And it may be embarrassing.
I immediately began to resist because I could feel God working on my spirit and I started arguing with God in my mind. “Oh, no, God, please, no.” I looked up at the ceiling as if I could stare straight through it into heaven and said, “Don't make me witness to this man. Not right here and now. Please. I'll do anything. Put me on the same plane, but don't make me get up here and witness to this man in front of this gawking audience. Please, Lord!”
There I sat in the blue vinyl chair begging His Highness, “Please don't make me witness to this man. Not now. I'll do it on the plane.” Then I heard it... “I don't want you to witness to him. I want you to brush his hair.”
The words were so clear, my heart leapt into my throat, and my thoughts spun like a top. Do I witness to the man or brush his hair? It was a no-brainier. I looked straight back up at the ceiling and said, “God, as I live and breathe, I want you to know I am ready to witness to this man. I'm on this Lord. I'm your girl! You've never seen a woman witness to a man faster in your life. What difference does it make if his hair is a mess if he is not redeemed? I am going to witness to this man.”
Again as clearly as I've ever heard an audible word, God seemed to write this statement across the wall of my mind. “That is not what I said, Beth. I don't want you to witness to him. I want you to go brush his hair.”
I looked up at God and quipped, “I don't have a hairbrush. It's in my suitcase on the plane. How am I supposed to brush his hair without a hairbrush?” God was so insistent that I almost involuntarily began to walk toward him as these thoughts came to me from God's word: “I will thoroughly furnish you unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:17)
I stumbled over to the wheelchair thinking I could use one myself. Even as I retell this story, my pulse quickens and I feel those same butterflies. I knelt down in front of the man and asked as demurely as possible, “Sir, …may I have the pleasure of brushing your hair?”
He looked back at me and said, “What did you say?”
I repeated, “May I have the pleasure of brushing your hair?”
To which he responded in volume ten, “Little lady, if you expect me to hear you, you're going to have to talk louder than that.”
At this point, I took a deep breath and blurted out, “SIR, MAY I HAVE
THE PLEASURE OF BRUSHING YOUR HAIR?”
At which point every eye in the place darted right at me. I was the only thing in the room looking more peculiar than old Mr. Longlocks. Face crimson and forehead breaking out in a sweat, I watched him look up at me with absolute shock on his face, and say, “If you really want to.”
Are you kidding? Of course I didn't want to. But God didn't seem interested in my personal preference right about then. He pressed on my heart until I could utter the words, “Yes, sir, I would be pleased. But I have one little problem. I don't have a hairbrush.”
“'I have one in my bag“, he responded.
I went around to the back of that wheelchair, and I got on my hands and knees and unzipped the stranger's old carry-on, hardly believing what I was doing. I stood up and started brushing the old man's hair. It was perfectly clean, but it was tangled and matted. I don't do many things well, but must admit I've had notable experience untangling knotted hair mothering two little girls. Like I'd done with either Amanda or Melissa in such a condition, I began brushing at the very bottom of the strands, remembering to take my time not to pull.
A miraculous thing happened to me as I started brushing that old man's hair. Everybody else in the room disappeared. There was no one alive for those moments except that old man and me. I brushed and I brushed and I brushed until every tangle was out of that hair I know this sounds so strange, but I've never felt that kind of love for another soul in my entire life. I believe with all my heart, I - for that few minutes - felt a portion of the very love of God. That He had overtaken my heart for a little while like someone renting a room and making Himself at home for a short while.
The emotions were so strong and so pure that I knew they had to be God's. His hair was finally as soft and smooth as an infant's.
I slipped the brush back in the bag and went around the chair to face him. I got back down on my knees, put my hands on his knees and said, “Sir, do you know my Jesus?”
He said, “Yes, I do.” Well, that figures, I thought. He explained, “I've known Him since I married my bride. She wouldn't marry me until I got to know the Savior.”
He continued, “You see, the problem is…I have been away and I haven't seen my wife in months. I've had open-heart surgery, and she's been too ill to come see me. I was sitting here thinking to myself, what a mess I must be for my wife.”
Only God knows how often He allows us to be part of a divine moment when we're completely unaware of the significance. This, on the other hand, was one of those rare encounters when I knew God had intervened in details only He could have known. It was a God moment, and I'll never forget it. Our time came to board, and we were not on the same plane. I was deeply ashamed of how I'd acted earlier and would have been so proud to have accompanied him on that aircraft.
I still had a few minutes, and as I gathered my things to board, the airline hostess returned from the corridor, tears streaming down her cheeks. She said, “That old man's sitting on the plane, sobbing. Why did you do that? What made you do that?”
I said, “Do you know Jesus? He can be the bossiest thing!”
And I shared with her about God’s intervention.
I learned something about God that day. He knows if you're exhausted, you're hungry, you're serving in the wrong place or it is time to move on but you feel too responsible to budge. He knows if you're hurting or feeling rejected. He knows if you're sick or drowning under a wave of temptation. Or He knows if you just need your hair brushed. He sees you as an individual. Tell Him your need!
I got on my own flight, sobs choking my throat, wondering how many opportunities just like that one had I missed along the way . . . all because I didn't want people to think I was strange. God didn't send me to that old man. He sent that old man to me.
John 1:14 “The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.”
The final area regarding our mind is the need for and process of transformation. Our minds need to be deprogrammed from the ways of the world and reprogrammed with the mind of Christ. Unless you have grown up all your life in a solid Christian home and had constant exposure to the Word of God you will no doubt have a mind that still operates to some degree as the world does. We have to unlearn many things that we have been taught that do not line up with the Word of God and the nature and character of God. One of the ways we can compare our thoughts is by looking at Jesus’ sayings when he said “But I say unto you.” Jesus was a contrarian. He said things that went against the common thoughts and attitudes of the day. Here are some examples:
Murder, Anger, Reconciliation
Matt 5:21“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ 22“But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. 23“Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24“leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25“Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. 26“Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.

Adultery

27“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28“But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29“If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30“And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Divorce
31“Furthermore it has been said, ‘Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce.’ 32“But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.

Oaths
33“Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.’ 34“But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God’s throne; 35“nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36“Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. 37“But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

Revenge
38“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.’ 39“But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. 40“If anyone wants to sue you and take away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. 41“And whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two. 42“Give to him who asks you, and from him who wants to borrow from you do not turn away.

Treatment of your enemy
43“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44“But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, 45“that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. 46“For if you love those who love you, what reward have you? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47“And if you greet your brethren only, what do you do more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? 48“Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.[5]

Idle Words
Matt 12:35A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. 36But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.[6]

Tony Campolo calls himself a “Red Letter Christian.” He encourages people to take serious all the words of Christ and live them out in our daily lives. Let the words of Christ transform the way we think and the way we treat people. God’s desire is that we operate in the mind of Christ, to think His thoughts and respond as He would in every situation. How different our world would be and how different we would be if we truly put into practice the words of Christ on a daily basis. We all need to examine how we think and what we think using the Word of God as our basis of comparison. We need to wash our minds with the Word of God and allow it to cleanse us from wrong thinking and attitudes that are contrary to the mind of Christ.
Paul states in Romans 12: 1, 2 that we are to be nonconformists to the ways of the world.
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.[7]
When our mind is transformed and renewed we will be able to know and demonstrate the will of God. We won’t be walking around wondering what God wants; we will know what He wants and then act accordingly. God’s desire is to bring the Kingdom of Heaven to earth. His desire is that we understand how things are in heaven and then believe Him to bring the same things to earth. “Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Our minds need to be transformed to be heavenly minded. If we grasp what heaven is like and how things operate in heaven then we can begin to understand what God wants accomplished on the earth. Our responsibility as believers is to bring as much of the Kingdom of God to earth during the time God gives us on planet earth. I encourage you to meditate on what the Kingdom of God is and begin to pray and believe God to use you to transform this world with your transformed mind.

Our minds are the battlefield of our spiritual life but they are also the command center that will control what we will accomplish in our lives. We need to have a mind that is sober, one that is alert and attentive to what is happening around us. We need to have a mind that perceives things accurately according to God’s Word. We need to have a mind that is ready for action, ready to respond to meet the needs of others. We need a mind that is transformed and set free from worldly thinking and embraces heavenly thinking so we can carry out the will of God during our time on earth and see His Kingdom established.

God desires that we allow Him to transform our minds into the mind of Christ through His Word. Are we living our lives with our minds saturated in the Word of God, perceiving things according to His truth and reality or are we conforming our minds to the ways of the world? We all need to “Mind Your Head”and use our minds to accomplish God’s will and purposes during our brief time we have on this earth. Ask God to renew your mind and use your mind in the way He intended it to be used for the glory of His name.

An audio file of this message can be found a the following site:
http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=428109166.wma
[1]Youngblood, Ronald F., General Editor; F.F. Bruce and R.K. Harrison, Consulting Editors, Nelson’s New Illustrated Bible Dictionary, (Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson) 1997, c1995.

[3]William MacDonald; edited with introductions by Arthur Farstad, Believer’s Bible commentary: Old and New Testaments [computer file], electronic ed., Logos Library System, (Nashville: Thomas Nelson) 1997, c1995 by William MacDonald.
[4]The Living Bible, (Wheaton, Ill.: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.) 1997.
[5]The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982.
[6]The King James Version, (Cambridge: Cambridge) 1769.
[7]The Holy Bible, New King James Version, (Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, Inc.) 1982.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this great message. I want the word to become flesh in my life and need help "minding my head". The story about the hairbrushing in the airport brings me to tears. I pray that I will truly be sensitive to the Lord and his wishes.